GBS MBA frequently organizes Industry Interface programmes for providing practical insights in Management. Senior Management professionals across varied functional areas visit the campus to share their wide repertoire of experience and skills.
GBS Team also had interaction with the management professionals by visiting the various National and International organizations. GBS MBA students recently visited the Toyota Bho Pho plant in Thailand. GBS team also visited two international organizations; Royal Selangor SDN BHD, Malaysia, and Beryl’s Chocolate Factory, SDN BHD, Malaysia in 2016. The other various Organizations visited by GBS MBA Students includes Kitex Garments, Midas Mileage, United Brewaries and Malanadu Milk.
The Various Industry Interface programmes conducted in GBS are:
1. MBA students of GBS attended an exclusive talk by Mr Harish C S, Assistant General Manager & Regional Head, Pathanamthitta, Federal Bank on the topic " Career opportunities in Banking Sector" which was organized by Gireedepam Business School.
2. Gireedepam Business School in association with Rotary Club organized an Union Budget Analysis 2017 by Mr Prasanth Sreenivasan,FCA on 6th February 2017 at GBS Auditorium.
3. Mr Pradeep T, HR Executive, TVS Mahindra provided insights on the topic" Compensation Management".
4. GBS students attended exclusive talk by Mr. G Venugopal, Director, Neela Investment Solution Pvt Ltd on the topic - "Investment - Avenues and Alternatives" .
5. Dr. Helen Hochreutener, Switzerland addressed the students on the topic - "Ethics and Spirituality in Leadership and Management".
6. GBS students attended the exclusive talk by Prof. Bernard, Oxford University on the topic - "Creative Management" which was organized by Gireedepam Business School.
7. Mr Thomas Thundathil, Malayala Manorama gave a valuable talk on the topic - "Marketing Management".
8. Ms. Kusum, CFA, ANMI Mumbai shared her industrial experience as financial analyst (which includes working experience with CARE ratings) with the MBA students of Girideepam Business School at MBA conference hall on 14th July 2017.
9. GBS MBA students attended a program on the topic - Created for Excellence by Mr Cherian George, Sr Product Manager of Honeywell for the Asia Pacific region and Dr Jithin Mathew Abraham, Junior Consultant & Assistant Professor of Anesthesiology, Believers Church Medical College.
10. GBS MBA students attended an industry interface program on the topic - "Cross Cultural Communication" by Mr. Joseph Kurian, General Manager (Principal, Business Systems Analysis) International Group - Fiserv India Pvt Ltd on 20th July 2017.
11. Millionminds with the patronage from Startup India (The Govt. of India initiative) in association with Girideepam Business School had conducted a Start-up Talk by Mr Amarnath Sankar (Co-Founder & CEO at CAT Entertainments Pvt Ltd and Co-Founder & Director at Tastyspots Infoway Pvt Ltd) on 6th April 2018 at Girideepam Business School Kottayam.
12. Talk on the topic - Excellence and My Identity by Dr Jithin Mathew Abraham, Junior Consultant & Assistant Professor of Anesthesiology, Believers Church Medical College was conducted for S1 MBA students on 18 June 2018 at MBA Lecture Hall, GBS.
13. Talk on the topic - Created for Excellence by Mr Cherian George ( Sr Product Manager of Honeywell for the Asia Pacific region) was conducted for S1 MBA students on 18 June 2018 at MBA Lecture Hall, Girideepam Business School.
14. Mr Tibin Varghese, Unit HR head, Future Group, Kottayam had an interactive session with the MBA students on 6 September 2018 at MBA Conference Hall, Gireedepam Business School.
15. As part of industrial visit, MBA Students of Girideepam Business School visited FACT Ltd (Udyogamandal, Ernakulam) Anna Aluminum Company Pvt Ltd ( Kizhakkambalam, Ernakulam ) and Kitex Ltd ( Kizhakkambalam, Ernakulam ) on 16 October 2018.
16. Millionminds with the patronage from Startup India (The Govt. of India initiative) in association with Girideepam Business School had conducted a Start-up Talk by Mr Varun nair, CEO, Indian Educational Enterprises on 22 October 2018 for the MBA Students of Girideepam Business School Kottayam.
17. Second year MBA HR students of Girideepam Business School had an interactive session on compensation management with Mr Pradeep T T(Officer- HR and Operations) and Ms Rainsy Silony (Deputy officer - HR recruitment), TVS Mahindra on 5 November 2018.
18. Second year MBA HR students of Girideepam Business School along with Ms Dhanya S Nair (Faculty, GBS) had an interactive session with Mr Saji A Joseph (Company Secretary) and Mr Hari Kumar (Manager- Personnel and Admin), Travancore Cements Ltd on 19 November 2018 at TCL Ltd, Kottayam.
19. Second Year MBA students of GBS under the guidance of Dr. Roshini Philip (Academic Coordinator, GBS) and Mr. Shailesh S Nair (Faculty, GBS) participated in CII Kerala Food Summit on 19 December 2018 at Le Meridien, Cochin. In the summit, the students got the opportunity to interact with the various prominent personalities of the industries.
20. As part of their Industrial Visit, First year MBA students of Girideepam Business School visited Travancore Sugars and Chemicals Ltd, Valanjavattom on 2 February 2019.